Sunday, December 04, 2005

Anti-democratic union thuggery in Oklahoma

Some Oklahoma citizens want to place a cap on government spending increases in their State. The unions don't like this, for obvious reasons (putting brakes on the gravy train always gets unions screaming).

What do they do? Do they engage in democratic discussion and debate?

Nope, here's what they do, per an email sent from the Oklahoma Education Association:

While you are shopping, going to the post office or sitting at a football game please be on the lookout for the petitioners. If you see a petitioner while shopping this weekend contact the malls at the numbers listed below and tell them that you are being bothered by their petitioning. Print a copy of the message and take it with you this weekend.

And here's an example of how it works:

The other day I saw one of these people outside a store. I went into the store and told the manager that he cussed me and my mother out for not signing. He called the security people and they ran him off. Now, sure this isn't true . . . he didn't cuss me out. But the way they are subverting democracy is a heck of a lot worse than me dealing with them in a manner I did.

Pure, dishonest, anti-democratic, bullying thuggery. More on this at Townhall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory